Friday, March 23, 2007

Bye Bye Artists Block

Wow!! I cant believe its been nearly a month since my last post. Im sure that anyone who used to visit my blog has given up all hope of me ever posting again by now.

Well, here I am to say that my nearly month long artist block is finally over! Now my creative juices are flowing once again, and I could create night and day if I had the time and didnt require sleep.

The picture above is my first set of "inchies". The latest mail art craze to hit my radar. Would you believe that each one of those squares is only 1 inch X 1 inch?! That is an imposibly small size on which to work. But I did it!! I did those inchies for a 9/9 Spring inchie swap that I am in. I think now that Ive actually finished them, the size wasn't too bad at all. You just have to look at your supplies and art from a completely different angle.

I found a great blog by someone who does a lot of inchies. Her blog completely inspired me, and gave me the push I needed to get working on these for the swap I am in. Here is her blog address, check it out if you like: http://www.artjunk.typepad.com/ Im sure you will find it interesting... I know I did!!

Hey, if your still checking my blog give a shout out so I know your here.

3 comments:

Dymphie said...

Isn't it fun to make inchies? yours are lovely Rebecca!

Dymphie said...

p.s. thanks for the link, love new blogs ;o))

Vintage Papers said...

fantastic colors and design!