Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mail Art

This is a decorated Mail art envelope that I made for a swap Im in. When I was a teenager I used to make envelopes out of magazine adds, and that was as close to creative envelopes that I got. This is my first real try at Envelope mail art. It was fun, and Im quite pleased with how it turned out. My mother-in-law saw me making it, and imeadiatly recruited me to decorate 20 envelopes for my father-in-laws birthday party invitations. What have I got myself into?!

8 comments:

Kristy said...

Gorgeous Rebecca! I love the toadstools!

I've made my ATC, now I just need to do the envelope!

Linda M said...

Gorgeous! I really like it. I've been thinking about a turquoise bg, too. How did you color yours?

liannallama said...

oh, it's so pretty! Love the theme you chose!

Dymphie said...

Ooooowww it's so adorable!

See I had to take a look... *lol* I'm so excited this one will be in my mailbox :-)

Cathy said...

How pretty! I love mail art and decorating envies although it's been some time since I have created any.

Also, You've been Tagged by me to tell us 7 Things About Yourself. You can read my 7 Things About Me on my blog, if you'd like. {They don't have to be the same 7 --- tell us whatever you'd like!} smiles....

Maggie Ann said...

Darling envelope!!! Love that little boy on the toad so much. Totally whimsical...20 envelopes though? Oh boy...=)

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. Love the blue background.

Dymphie said...

Thanks Rebecca! You're envelope arrived in good shape and I looooove it.
It's a pity I didn't met the mailman today, would have loved to see his face *lol*