Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder


Here are some pages that I made for a swap that I am in. The swap is for 4 Gothic Arch pages. The term 'Gothic Arch' refers to the shape of the page.
I am very pleased with how these turned out. I made the backgrounds myself by stamping and heat embossing with clear embossing powder, then spraying walnut ink over the pages, and finally ironing them to remove the embossing powder, and flatten each page.
After putting the vintage photos and embellishments on each page, I asked my husband for his opinion. I felt one of the pages needed something, and I wanted to know if he felt the same way. So I asked him which page he thought was a little lacking. Well, it turned out that the page he thought was lacking was my favorite page, and the one that I thought was lacking was his favorite page! I guess that it just goes to show that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So I ended up leaving all 4 pages just as they were.

5 comments:

Ethel Amutan said...

Your Gothic Arches are magnificent, Rebecca! I love the visual "textures" in each one! I hope I'm the lucky recipient of one of them! Your blog is a lot of fun to read! I'll have to check out your links. I am very inspired by your artwork, so I'll be stopping here, frequently!

Teresa said...

Liking the blog!
Question for you - you always have great vintage, like the photos and the butterflies - can you post links to websites on your blog, where you find great images to download?

The reason I ask is because I finally caved and bought a couple books this weekend to alter - and I'm looking for good images to use - and you always find really good ones!

Dymphie said...

Great blog Rebecca. I'm happy you started one too. Your arches are beautiful. Can hardly wait to see from who (engl.?) I get the arches swapped.

Deborah March said...

RATS RATS RATS. I KNEW I should've signed on to this swap. I was trying to be "good" and not sign up for so many that I'd end up feeling stressed. But now look what I missed! These are simply beautiful Rebecca. I sure will sign up for the next one!

OH! And congrats on entering the blog-world!

Vintage Papers said...

these are all just gorgeous! I can't wait to see one IRL with our swap!