Thursday, May 24, 2007

Challenges!

It looks like everyone wants to challenge me!! Linda Has challenged me to show my 'Creating Space', and Cathy has challenged me to tell several things about myself. I WILL do both those things.... But NOT today. ;0)
Today I am answering a different challenge.
A challenge by Wednesdays Stamper to create something that has to do with games, using stamping somewhere on it.
This is my first time participating in one of Wednesdays Stampers Challenges. And this is what I'v created.
Its an ATC. I made this ATC by heat embossing the Image onto a playing card. The Stamped image is by Hampton Art Stamps. Unexpectedly the playing card shrunk under the heat (I guess there must have been some plastic in the playing card). In the space that was created by the card shrinking I strung beads along the top of the card. Its a bit warped and altered looking, but I think its neat.

11 comments:

Maggie Ann said...

I think its neat too...I love the overlay effect..and the colors are so striking. What a great idea to use a playing card to stamp on! You came up with a wonderful piece of artwork!

Dymphie said...

WOW Rebecca, this is so clever, stamping this image on a playing card. Great job!

Galina Varese said...

Very clever. Striking. Love all the small details.

Seona said...

I love the fact that the heat altered the original card. A lovely piece of work

Linda M said...

Welcome friend! I think it's very cool. I like the image superimposed on the card and cool that it warped, too.

Caroline Moore said...

Great work Rebecca - it turned out brilliant even after the shrinking.

Annes Art said...

Mooie kaart!!

Anonymous said...

Rebecca...this is very striking and it's a great color scheme :o)

Sheens said...

This is great! The warping has definately added something to it.
Brilliant!

Gillian said...

Oh I love this Rebecca! Wonderful work!!!

Vintage Papers said...

love the red, white and black - so stunning!